No matter the type of business that you own or operate, installing a commercial water filtration system will benefit you immensely. How much of a difference will it make? Think about your efficiency and the effort that goes into maintaining your equipment. Contaminants and other impurities will inevitably make their way into your water supply, which can have adverse effects on the way you run your Las Vegas business. Here are just some of the reasons why it is in your best interest to invest in a commercial filtration system:
Think about some of the large and heavy-duty machinery you are handling on a daily basis. This kind of equipment is extremely expensive and delicate, and if something goes wrong, then you can be in some trouble financially. Damage can occur to these machines if your water supply contains excessive metals and minerals, hard water, acids or alkaline. Shutting down operations to fix equipment is going to hurt your bottom line big time. A commercial filtration system can prevent a lot of those expensive breakdowns.
Having reliable access to a clean and healthy supply of water is crucial to running a Las Vegas restaurant. Clean water is what makes the operation work in the first place. How else are you going to prepare your food and serve beverages? Dirty, contaminated water is just not going to cut it. A proper commercial water filtration system for your restaurant will make everything easier for you from a business perspective:
- Lower Operating Expenses: High-quality water is going to reduce your overall costs of operating your restaurant. How so? Less downtime due to fewer equipment malfunctions as well as greater energy efficiency.
- Longer Lasting Equipment: Contaminated water tends to create buildup in your equipment which will eventually cause it to malfunction. However, a commercial filtration system will prevent buildup and greatly prolong the lifespan of your equipment.
- Cleaner Utensils: Hard water tends to leave behind smudges and streaks, which never bodes well for business in the restaurant industry. Cleaner water makes it much easier to undergo dishwashing tasks.
Types of Contaminants
There are a lot more impurities plaguing your water supply than you may imagine. Without undergoing a water test, it can be difficult to determine the extent of the contamination. Simply looking at the water or smelling it isn’t going to tell you the whole story.
Here are some of the contaminants and impurities that a water test may reveal:
- Water-soluble metals and solids: Metal and other solids are always entering our water supplies, and they can pose a major health risk to your family. Some examples of metals that you will find in your water supply include lead, mercury, and cadmium.
- Chemicals: Chemicals will usually make their into your water supply via runoff, which will usually contain pesticides used in agriculture. However, chlorine is present in a lot of municipal water supplies because this is the chemical your local treatment facility uses to render potable water.
- Biological contaminants: This typically includes bacteria, algae, and fungi which can also make their way into treatment facilities. Exposure to biological contamination can make you very sick, but installing a commercial filtration system will eliminate all of those noxious impurities.
- Limescale: Limescale is when hard minerals form deposits inside your plumbing and water-using appliances. It is not necessarily harmful to your health, but it will wreak havoc on your entire plumbing system.
What Filtration Is Essential
It is not just about having clean drinking that is readily available. It is about protecting the plumbing fixtures and equipment that are vital to your commercial operation. We rely so heavily on clean and healthy water in our daily lives that we often take it for granted. It’s simply not feasible to utilize contaminated water.
Although it is the responsibility of your local municipality to provide you with clean drinking water, that’s not always the case. There is always a possibility that you will experience a contaminated water supply. You should always prioritize your customers and employees by investing in a commercial filtration system. Otherwise, you are only hurting your business and bottom line.
There are several popular types of filtration systems that perform different functions when disinfecting and purifying your water supply. Among the more popular methods is Reverse Osmosis (RO) filtration. RO water filtration systems are extremely effective in removing all types of contaminants from your water supply, including dissolved salts, fluoride, and bacteria.
Another method that is gaining a lot of steam lately is UV Purification. The filtration process is very efficient in eliminating bacteria, microbes, and other harmful microorganisms. UV purification involves the use of ultraviolet light to kill off any viruses, protozoa and other microorganisms in your water supply.
Activated carbon is another popular filtration method among Las Vegas business owners. It works by binding toxins and impurities in your water supply via a carbon filter. It absorbs those contaminants and effectively purifies your water supply. Activated carbon filtration is most effective at destroying chlorine and other harmful chemicals in your water supply.
If you want to learn more about commercial water filtration systems, feel free to give us a call. One of our staff members will explain everything you need to know. We can also provide you with additional information on pricing and we can also go over the installation process. Having access to clean and healthy drinking water is crucial to running a successful Las Vegas business, so give us a call today and we can help you get started immediately!